Designed to inspire stewardship and appreciation for the Earth’s environment, Earth Day will be celebrated at the Phoenix Zoo from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow, April 22.
There will be a host of activities for guests of all ages included with general admission:
- Educational Earth Station Destinations throughout the zoo.
- Earn a stamp in your passport by visiting each of the Earth Station Destinations throughout the zoo and receive a prize at the exit.
- Water Conservation: Desert tortoises are experts at conserving water. Learn how you can be a water conservation expert, too.
- Energy Conservation: Many animals conserve energy by staying very still. See how you can conserve energy by being active instead.
- Reduce: Discover how you can reduce your consumption of wasteful products. Play a fun “fishing” game to help remove harmful plastics and other recyclable items from Arizona’s waterways.
- Reuse: In the wild, orangutans use branches and leaves to create nesting beds. Outside the wild, they use donated items like sheets and burlap sacks. See how you can be resourceful like an orangutan and turn discarded items into reusable treasures.
- Recycle: Is this recyclable? Test your knowledge and learn some surprising facts about recycling around the Valley.
- Non –Toxic Cleaning: Make a mess with us! Then we’ll show you how safe, simple and inexpensive cleanup can be.
Arizona Trail Walking Tour (Entrance to AZ Trail)
- Come enjoy a tour of native plants and animals and learn how we all connect.
- 11:00 a.m. and 1 p.m.
For more information, visit: phoenixzoo.org.