Goodwill of Central Arizona presented Mesa-based Child Crisis Arizona with a check on Oct. 13 at its Phoenix Emergency Children’s Shelter in Phoenix. Child Crisis Arizona was the third quarter Goodwill Gives Change Campaign recipient.
“We are delighted to receive this generous gift from Goodwill. We have enjoyed collaborating with Goodwill this past year in the expansion of our family classes and workshops at multiple Valley locations. It is a perfect union of two nonprofits working together to offer community members more options to improve their family life at no cost,” said Torrie A. Taj, Child Crisis Arizona CEO. “As parents are utilizing the Goodwill Career Centers to better their professional life, they can also improve their parenting skills so they can strengthen their family and better the lives of their children.”
Goodwill Gives is an opportunity for local, qualifying organizations to apply to be the recipient of Goodwill of Central Arizona’s Change Campaign for one weekend. Each quarter, Goodwill will choose a new organization to take part, and the chosen organization will receive all of the cash donations made at Goodwill registers on a selected date(s).
Interested nonprofits can submit the following information:
- Must be a local nonprofit in Goodwill of Central Arizona’s region.
- Organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) to qualify.
- Must provide a copy of your tax-exempt letter.
- Unfortunately, the program is not open to schools at this time.
- Only one application may be submitted every two years.
- An organization cannot qualify if they have already been selected within the same calendar year.