The Mesa City Council is hosting its ninth annual Holiday Toy Drive benefitting Cardon Children’s Medical Center. Toys will be collected through Nov. 29 and the drive will culminate with a collection event and free holiday pancake breakfast on Saturday, Dec. 2.
New, unwrapped toys can be donated at 10 different Mesa locations until Nov. 29 and at the pancake breakfast. The toys will be delivered to Cardon Children’s Medical Center by members of the City Council, Mesa Fire and Medical Department members, Mesa Police Officers and Mesa PD’s Blue Santa. The toys will be escorted to the hospital in the historic Mesa Fire Department fire truck, fire trucks and police cruisers.
Toy donations can be dropped off until this Thursday, Nov. 29 at the following locations:
- Dobson Ranch Library, 2425 S. Dobson Road
- La Casita Recreational Center, 2719 S. Reyes
- Mesa City Plaza, 20 E. Main St.
- Mesa Public Library, 64 E. 1st St.
- Red Mountain Multigenerational Center, 7550 E. Adobe
- Mesa Arts Center Box Office, 1 E. Main St.
- i.d.e.a. Museum, 150 W. Pepper Place
- Arizona Museum of Natural History, 53 N. MacDonald
- Eastmark Community Center, 10100 E. Ray Road
- Red Mountain Library, 635 N. Power Road
The free pancake breakfast will be at Mesa Fire Station 210, 1502 S. 24th St. from 8 to 10 a.m. Members of the City Council will be in attendance to meet with residents.