Beginning with this fall 2017 semester, Mesa Community College is offering the Red Hat Academy to help prepare students to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam and become a Linux professional in demand by business and industry. No pre-requisites are required for the two consecutive Red Hat courses, which feature hands-on, task-based activities designed to develop the core administrative skills needed to manage a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
“We enthusiastically offer this opportunity for IT professionals to take their careers to the next level,” said Dennis Kibbe, MCC Business and Computer Information Systems faculty. “Facebook, Amazon, Google and Pinterest all run on Linux. More than 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies rely on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and 82 percent of Linux job postings seek Red Hat Certified professionals.”
Students will find many advantages to taking the renowned Red Hat courses at MCC including:
- Hands-on labs using Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat-developed curriculum.
- Performance-based testing that mirrors the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam.
- Significant savings compared to commercial Red Hat courses.
- On-campus classes with one-on-one support from Linux-experienced faculty.
- Convenient day, evening and Saturday classes.
- Discounted certification exam vouchers available upon course completion.
Learn more about the MCC Red Hat Academy courses online at mesacc.edu/schedule. Search for Red Hat in the Keyword Search area for details. Contact Kibbe at email@example.com or 480-461-7246 for assistance registering for a Red Hat course.