The city of Mesa is a Silver winner of the 12th annual Health at Work Awards, sponsored by ComPsych, honoring organizations which promote employee health and wellness. Winners were selected based on their wellness program’s comprehensiveness, delivery, promotion, participation rates and results achieved.
“It’s wonderful to see how far the city of Mesa Wellness Program has come in this past year,” Employee Health and Wellness Manager Nicole Bozich said. “With the implementation of several health education programs and events, the level of health awareness in our organization has increased significantly. We look forward to continuing to expand our opportunities for our employees and families.”
Highlights of Mesa’s health and wellness program are:
- Healthy Living Workshops focused on nutrition, stress management, fitness and safety.
- Diabetes Education Program.
- Tobacco Cessation Program.
- Monthly newsletters, weekly tips, recipes and ongoing communications.
- Annual events, including a Wellness and Benefits Fair, challenges and flu shot campaign.
- Health and Wellness Center: Primary care center for Mesa employees and family members on the city’s health plan.
Since Jan. 1, the city has offered more than 50 classes, with more than 750 attendees, and has a total outreach of 4,860 individuals between the classes, challenges and events within the Wellness Program.
“We applaud the city of Mesa for promoting health and wellness and improving the lives of its employees,” ComPsych Chairman and CEO Dr. Richard A. Chaifetz said.
ComPsych Corporation is the world’s largest provider of employee assistance programs (EAP) and is the pioneer and worldwide leader of fully integrated EAP, behavioral health, wellness, work-life, human resources, Family and Medical Leave Act and absence management services under its GuidanceResources brand.