Mesa’s Belle Wang, a Mountain View High School student who plays the violin, is among 12 of Arizona’s finest and most accomplished young musicians who will showcase their astounding virtuosity, technique and style at Arizona Musicfest’s Young Musicians Winter Concert at the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM).
Tickets are $20 for the 2 p.m. concert on Jan. 29, presented in collaboration with the MIM, 4725 E. Mayo Blvd.
“These young musicians have won national and international competitions, performed at festivals across the country and around the world and even at Carnegie Hall, and with national honors orchestras,” said Arizona Musicfest Executive and Producing Director Allan E. Naplan. “They represent incredibly diverse talent in communities throughout the state.”
- Vanessa Chang, Perry High School, Chandler, Oboe
- Miles Fawson, Casteel High School, Gilbert, Piano
- Ryan Grieser, Desert Vista High School, Ahwatukee, Viola
- Brandon Hermreck, Perry High School, Saxophone
- Jonathan Pak, Desert Vista High School, Ahwatukee, Cello
- Emma Potter, Arizona School for the Arts, Phoenix, Horn
- Claire Thai, home schooled, Tucson, Harp
- Audrey Wang, Pinnacle High School, Phoenix, Violin
- Belle Wang, Mountain View High School, Mesa, Violin
- Alicia Wu, Basis Scottsdale, Viola
- Samuel Xu, Arizona Virtual Academy, Piano
- Jessica Zhang, Basis, Chandler, Piano
Tickets can be purchased at the venue.
For more information, visit www.azmusicfest.org or call 480-840-0457.